I’m learning to do something I’ve never been exceptionally good at.

Having faith.

Faith – noun – complete trust or confidence in someone or something.

Having faith that this too shall pass. Having faith that things will get better. Having faith that everything happens for a reason. Having faith that when one door closes, another one opens… you know how this goes.

I missed a call yesterday with information about that interview I posted about last week. I knew what the call would be, but it still consumed almost every corner of my brain as I tried to sleep last night. This morning confirmed what I knew.

I didn’t get it.

I didn’t have the experience the hiring manager was looking for but the executive search firm that recommended me for the position thinks I’m still a great fit for somewhere and I’ll stay on their list.

This keeps happening. Too much experience for 90% of the jobs I’ve applied for… not enough experience for the other 10%. But someone believes in me. So where do I land?

I’ll keep trying. I always do. But it does get harder and harder.

A conversation over anniversary drinks while we watched the sun set last night landed us back on “we can likely to anything anywhere” but anywhere is a very big place. So where do I start? Shall I spin a globe, close my eyes and where my finger stops the globe is where I’ll look? Seems like as good of an option as any right now.

So in line with the motivational calendar Target thought might be good to sell for 2021… what’s coming is better than what is gone.

I have to have faith in that. After all, I just listened to an award acceptance speech as part of the conference I’m tuning into this week where the award winner ended with “faith is stronger than feelings”. So I’ll shake the negativity and head out to find some joy today.

Will you join me in that?

2 thoughts on “faith

  1. Haven’t heard from you in a while. How are things going? Have a good Thanksgiving?

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s